Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I don't blog everyday, but I try!

A lot of the blogs that I read are doing 31 days of posts in October about whatever they want, but they pick a theme and have to blog every day.  I can't even think of 31 related things I would blog about and I didn't even get a chance to blog yesterday, so I guess I missed the boat.  BUT, my goal is to blog more in the month of October, even if I don't have pictures to post or anything very important to post.

So here's a run down of what's been going on with us.

Did I mention I got a new car?  I had to, in August.  We went with a slightly used Toyota Sequoia.  It is a great car for our family.  It is functional, is supposed to be reliable and has a lot of room and I have just loved having it. My only problem is that it is pretty close to a mini-van, but it still isn't a mini-van!

Friday my mom and I took the girls to her friend Lisa's house to go to the pool.

Julia watched her big sister, practiced trying to crawl and practiced eating solids.




Clara tried soccer on Saturday morning and, well, I don't have any pictures of that because it was a complete disaster.  We've always known she's a girly-girl, but it seems clear that soccer is not her thing.  Yes, she's a little young, but all of the kids are young and she just was not interested.  They took out blocks for the kids to kick the ball around a tower and she just wanted to build with the blocks.  She only lasted about 15 minutes and then she asked to go home or go outside with Sophia and Ericap (what she calls Erica--Sophia didn't like it either).  Several of the parents were out there running with their kids in circles trying to MAKE them participate (!!!), but I just don't want it that bad.  We'll try dance yet, it's likely to be a better fit.

And anyway?  SHE'S TWO.  She doesn't really have to be involved in activities yet.

The rest of Saturday was a wash out.

Sunday was church, mommy/Clara lunch at Whole Foods during Julia's nap and a play date with her buds.  It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment