Tuesday, September 25, 2012

First Day of Sunday School

Clara's first day of Sunday School was a couple of weeks ago.  Actually, just two, but it seems like longer!  The days are absolutely flying by.  Here she is, in her standard issue White Memorial smocked dress with her diaper bag (Clara carry it!) and her animal cup.

My big girl:



 Julia and me:
All three of us:

Cheese face!
Typically I am not pictured, but this time, Quincy took the picture and there is actual photographic evidence of me in 2012 with a five month old baby and a two year old.  I don't have any feet, but if you look at the picture at the top, those are my feet shooing everyone out of the house.

There is no way anyone who is not a mom of two--or even a mom of two distanced from the baby stage--can ever imagine what it took to get to this point.  Two clean babies and a dressed up mama. A diaper bag (with everything labeled!) for each.  A bottle for Julia with a thermos of hot water to warm it with.  A cup for Clara.  Etc., etc.  Plus, Evan's birthday party was immediately after, so I needed the present, a change of clothes for Clara, change of shoes for me, and two cars (long story).  Well, Quincy ended up with both bags in his car and forgot them.  We ended up being 10 minutes late for our service, but it didn't matter.  We snuck up into the balcony and snagged the last two seats.  And then just like that the service was over.  Clara loved her first day of Sunday school and Julia spent the whole service grinning at people.  And off we went!

No comments:

Post a Comment