Monday, July 30, 2012

Week In Review

(Written on Friday)

It's been quite a week.  It all feels pretty overwhelming right now, but it's not any one thing, it's just the combination.

Sunday when I left to go pick up Clara's birthday cake it was clear to me that something was wrong with my car.  We took it in on Monday and it needs a whole new engine.

190,000 miles and 12 years.  It's served us very well, but it's time for the Tahoe to be retired.  I'm a budgeter and a planner.  I hadn't planned on a new car until this time next year and I really did not want to take out a loan for a new (to me) car.  Oh well.

Monday and Tuesday Julia's beloved sitter, Alex, was at the beach so we had a mish mash of child care.  I am so grateful for the help from our moms and other sitters, but it throws us off.  I was supposed to work T-Fri, but I ended up having to work a 1/2 day Monday so I'm here for a 1/2 day today.  Alex is back at the beach and we have another sitter.

Julia was giving 5-6 hour stretches of sleep at night, but now she's down to 2-3.

After I finish up at work I have to go drive cars in this terrible heat.

If you put things in perspective, we're still incredibly blessed.  Quincy and I have one another and we have two beautiful, healthy daughters.


We have really good jobs.  We have a beautiful home.  We have families that love us.  Our children don't want for anything.  We need a new (to us) car, but we're not going to have a problem getting financing. We have our share of every day problems, sure, but I do need to focus on the blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment