Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life with Two Babies

Lots of people have two babies, right?  It's not impossible.  It should be easy?  WRONG.

The first three months with two babies is a lot like playing whack-a-mole.  And this with me having somewhere for my very busy toddler to go and be entertained during the day!  SAHMs?  I long (secretly) thought that my job as a corporate attorney was easier than your job at home.  Or at least on par?  I now know that if you are a SAHM, for the first three months after a new baby enters the house, your job is harder than almost anything on the planet.  And are you reading and listening to me?  Have that second baby in January or February when the toddler is in preschool!!

That said, I keep mentioning three months--it is getting easier.  Finally.  I really think we passed a milestone in the last 10 or so days.  I had just started to feel like a weight had come off of my shoulders and then I went back to work.  And let me tell you one thing about that--mothering those precious beasts from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. may just be the death of me.  Today Julia's sitter got there at the same time as Alicia, our marriage counselor cleaning lady, and Clara had been screaming about needing a bandaid and a pen for about 10 minutes straight.  I had given her bandaids (that she didn't need except to accessorize her outfit) but there wasn't a chance I was going to trust her with a pen while I had Julia in my hands!  The sectional in our living room may be uncomfortable but it looks a lot better like it is than marked with a pen!

So here's the three of us at three months.  Julia looks less terrified than she usually does around Clara.  Clara looks like she pretty much always does, and I am headed to host (hostess?) a baby shower and am actually remarkably clean.  In other words, this picture is better than it deserves to be.  The couch could use some fluffing and new pillows, but really, who has time to worry about things like that?



No comments:

Post a Comment