Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankfulness--November 6

Today I am thankful for my right to vote, obviously, and the time to do it.

Clara has been sick since Saturday night.  It is just a virus and there is nothing the doctor can do about it, it just has to pass.  My mom kept her yesterday and is keeping her again today so that we can work.  I am so thankful for this, but I really didn't know how I was going to fit in voting with two drop offs.  On a whim, after dropping Clara off I rolled by our precinct.  There were only a few cars, so I put Julia in the Ergo and ran on in.  No line!  Here we are, moments after finishing up.  I got her a sticker to put in her baby book, it was really sweet to have her with me.

It's so crazy to me to live at a time where people actually remember black people and women not being able to vote.  Most days I take for granted my right to vote, access to higher education and ability to have whatever career I please.  Today I am especially thankful for those things.


No comments:

Post a Comment