Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankfulness--November 15

Well, I am a few days behind.  I rarely get behind a computer unless I am at work and I have been too busy at work to take a break and blog.  We also headed down to the Outer Banks with friends this past weekend and while a ton of fun, packing/unpacking and travel really does take time!

November 9:  I am thankful for good friends that invited us to the beach.  And for the beach itself.  My New Year's Resolution this year was to make mom friends in Raleigh and I have made a few really good ones that I have a lot in common with.  We went down to the beach with Erica, Andy & Sophia and Megan, Jeremy & Evan.  Amazing time.

November 10:  I am thankful for good food.  Doughnuts from Duck Doughnuts for breakfast and a giant meal of braised brisket, mashed turnips, green beans and fresh bread and moist chocolate cake for dessert.  Happy birthday Andy!  Also, I'm thankful for dance parties.  Clara and her friends had the most hilarious dance party after dinner.

November 11:  I am thankful for our military today and thankful that our freedom is protected.  I am also thankful for the families of soldiers that sacrifice so much so that their husbands and wives, mothers, fathers and children can serve and protect.  From my personal perspective, I can't imagine being a mother with small children whose husband was called to active duty.  I admire and respect those that have been through it.

November 12:  I am thankful for my job.  Although I don't love going to work every day and miss being with my girls, I know that financial freedom is worth it.  Quincy and I have no debt other than our house,

November 13:  I am thankful for making too much chili two weeks ago and freezing half.  It was a really long, tough day and it was nice not to have to cook.  Plus, it was delicious!

November 14:  I am thankful for my work Thanksgiving meal.  It is my favorite thing that we do at work every year.  This year I brought PK's Macaroni & Cheese.  It was pretty good, but not as good as it is when she makes it.

I am also thankful for Mrs. Lynetta, Clara's 2s teacher, whose last day before maternity leave was the 14th.  We will miss her between now and February!

November 15:  I am thankful for coffee.  Because otherwise I would not get through this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment