Monday, September 17, 2012

Plank Position & State Fans

Oh Julia.  SLOW DOWN.

Look at this child:




She spends HOURS in plank position or rocking on her knees and she LOVES it.  She can easily roll front to back.  Back to front?  Not really at all unless she does it by accident.  She can actually move herself forward and back a little on her knees, but, again, can't really roll over.  She can sit assisted, but not unassisted.

I asked Anita this morning--is it possible that she might crawl before she can roll over?  Anita's been doing this for 12 years and she hasn't seen that, but she has seen a baby crawl before that baby could sit up.  It could happen that way with Julia.

I'm really not ready for her to be mobile.  I just look around the room and shudder with the anticipation.  Clara does NOT understand choking hazards!  I guess we'll figure that out.

We had a great, busy weekend.  We went to Music on the Porch Friday and Saturday was the first NCSU game.  People ask me all the time how we deal with The House Divided.  And by that I mean one spouse attended UNC (me) and the other NCSU (Quincy).  It's really not an issue.  I went to UNC for seven years (undergrad and law school), but was raised a State fan, my dad having taught there since 1982.  Quincy went to NCSU but was raised a UNC fan with both his parents being alums.  So, we both have respect for one another's teams.  NCSU has a much better tailgate, but can't really compete in basketball.  We peacefully coexist, and when they play one another Quincy grumbles and I just cheer for whoever wins.  Anyway, I was in Wally World for baby stuff this summer and ran into the most adorable NCSU cheerleader outfits you've ever seen.  If they'd had UNC I would have gotten those, but they were picked over and only had 4Ts and 5Ts (have you seen the cartoon on the Internet that says "I have this NCSU shirt because I went to NCSU, you have that UNC shirt because you went to Walmart"?  Funny and ironic).

So anyway:








No comments:

Post a Comment