Monday, May 13, 2013

Slip Sliding Away

Well, a lot has happened since I last posted, time is slip sliding away.  For starters, sweet precious Julia turned one and started walking!








We started her birthday with presents and doughnuts, then had a party for her with a bumble bee theme since her name is, after all, JuJuBee:











She was not too sure about her smash cake.  We did the pictures the day before and then she was all "didn't I just do this?  And the other kids have cupcakes.  I want a cupcake."  But it was fine, we got pictures the day before.

Julia moved up to toddlers, which she didn't take as well as I had hoped and expected.  I moved offices and I have a balcony now, which I am loving, though the adjustment hasn't been as seamless as I had hoped and expected (are you sensing a theme?).

Then we lived life at home, spent some time on the Chesapeake Bay with dear friends, wore inherited outfits and bonnets to church, and just generally had a good time living.









That's my outfit from when I was a little girl.  I guess they wore more bonnets back then.


Clara really wanted to try the bonnet too. 

Her shirt says "Some Bunny Loves Me."  Oh yes, baby girl, so many people do.  
This past weekend was Mother's Day and we had a special time celebrating as a family.  We took a long walk, played at the park, I got some sweet presents and we had a crepe party for dinner.  It is the stuff true motherhood dreams are made of.

We are looking forward to the pool opening this weekend, to Sophia's little sister's birthday on 5/23 and to Memorial Day Weekend.  We're a summer-loving family!


No comments:

Post a Comment