Thursday, March 7, 2013

Update

I feel like I just uploaded pics, but it looks like the last pics I uploaded were in January.

Well, here's a picture of Julia at 9 months.  She's 11 months now.

Julia can crawl, pull up and stand on her own.  She babbles a lot, blows bubbles and loves to grin and giggle.  She finally sleeps through the night most nights, though she does still sometimes get up at 5 for a bottle and go back to sleep.

She's not close to walking, she doesn't even try to take a step when she's standing, but I'm in no rush for that.

She is an absolute delight.  Unlike Clara, who has woken up screaming all of her waking days, Julia wakes up and babbles in her crib and smiles gleefully at me when I come to get her.  She's going through a huge case of the mommies, which I can't say I mind, except when I want to do anything else other than sit and play with her.  Like, say, cook dinner, tend to her sister, or go to the bathroom.

Since January she's had two ear infections and a pretty constant cold.  Today I will get her early because of pink eye.  I'm ready for the summer to get here.

Here's a picture of Clara and one of them playing together:



Clara looks the same, except that I cut her hair a little bit just to clean it up.  Clara's favorite thing to do is ask you what your favorite color is.  Her favorite color is yellow.  She is really smart and is learning to count and knows what a few of the letters stand for.  She loves to sing, her favorite songs are Away in a Manger (she calls it the Little Lord Jesus), Doggie in the Window, the Rainbow Song, Jingle Bells (she doesn't care that it's not Christmas anymore), BINGO, and anything else she can think of.  It's always her favorite.  She loves, loves loves to be read to.  Her favorite books are the Llama books, Quick as a Cricket, Each, Peach, Pear, Plumb, Green Eggs and Ham, and some Sesame Street Lift the Flap Book that I honestly wish would fall behind the couch.

Clara is energetic, sweet and loving.  She's also bossy, which is not always a bad thing, but it does mean we have to be very consistent.  She's learning how to listen and is now very aware and sensitive to being told she's being bad.   We've really turned the corner on behavior, let's hope it continues.  Her teachers say they think she'll be the CEO of a Company or President.

And that's an update.  Not an in depth one, but an update none-the-less.








No comments:

Post a Comment