Wednesday, August 8, 2012

3:30

It's 3:30 in the morning.  The baby ate at 2:15 and my list was so long I decided to try to cross a few things off.  Not that she woke me up.  I woke up on my own.  I'm done with what I can do for now and my mind is still racing, so here I am.  Blogging and drinking a cup of some kind of tea that is supposed to be soothing.

Let's hope it does its job and I can get a few couple hours of sleep before the babies get up in the morning.

(As an aside, I am sitting on the sectional in the front room.  I absolutely agonized over this thing in January of 2008.  After I settled on this couch after about a month of looking, I spent a week comparing fabric samples, looking online and getting opinions.  I finally ordered it and when it came, I wasn't happy with the seams and sent it back to be redone.  I didn't receive it until September of 2008--9 months after we ordered it.  Now?  It smells like sunscreen because a certain mischievous 2 year old cannot seem to stay OUT of the pool bag!  I think that I see red crayon on the next cushion, but I'm going to hope it's just the glare of the computer screen.)

And honestly, this is how it looks to be a working mom with a job like mine.  Race home to get some time in with the babies.  Feed everyone.  Bathe everyone.  Feed self.  Run around trying to get everything under control.  Fall out exhausted by 10 pm.  Wake up with a start at 2 am because of everything you left undone at work at 5:30.

But anyway, that's not why you're here.  I need to do a full post of our family photos from the other week, especially since I got such good advice on what to wear here.

But for now, here's a pic to whet your appetite.  It's my favorite one from the shoot, even though it probably wouldn't be considered the best shoot and none of us look perfect.  OK, we never look perfect, but less perfect than we could.


No comments:

Post a Comment