Friday, January 13, 2012

A Few Christmas Pictures

So at this point Christmas was three weeks ago, but we're just recovering.  Aunt Leah was joking at the Christmas Eve lunch that her husband believes in Christmas, he believes "it just happens."  She is so right!  I run around like a crazy person for a month prior to Christmas getting everything done, and then comes the non-stop action of the actual holiday.  Add in a toddler, a pregnancy and being slam busy at work and you have a recipe for Ho Ho Ho to turn to Whoa Whoa Whoa in a hurry!  Quincy helped a lot this year, but the burden just always seems to fall on the women. 

On Christmas Eve Eve Quincy's dad, BK, came for lunch (holiday meal # 1).  That evening we brought take and bake pizzas to my parents' house to eat with my brother and sister-in-law and my grandmother, who had flown in for the holiday.  Christmas Eve lunch we went to Leah's (holiday meal # 2) followed by church with friends and soup and salad at our house (holiday meal # 3).  Quincy's mom, Granny Mac, came to church and spent the night with us so that we could do Santa and breakfast with her and Tucker in the morning (holiday meal #4).  Following some good play time and naps all around, we headed to my parents' house for a giant Christmas dinner (holiday meal # 5).  Clara was so good, but at 7:00 on Christmas night she had enough and fell asleep for 13 hours!  With a 3.5 hour nap the next day! 

By the 27th I had a stomach bug.  Quincy got a cold later in the week, which he promptly shared with Clara and me.  I had Clara to the ENT on 1/3 at which point it became clear that her ears were in such bad shape that we'll need another set of tubes by the end of the month.  Like I said, we're just starting to recover. 

Lindsey has all of the pictures from Christmas Eve, so I will post those when I get them.  Also, we took some hilarious ones of Annalise, Marin and Clara at church, but they are on another camera. 

Lunch on Christmas Eve Eve with Quincy's Dad and Tucker.

Clara opening her present from PK and BK.
Clara and me on Christmas morning--the sole picture of me that was taken over the holidays.  I'm a little bit glad, do you see how tired I look?


Pure Joy realizing that Santa had brought all of these toys to her!

Cooking at her new kitchen.
Opening presents with Janet and Tucker.
Christmas morning present opening for the rest of us!

<>
Helping Daddy open!
Riding the Rocking Horse.

Christmas Day at my parents' house.
I should have taken more pictures.  I always say that, but not a single picture with BK or either of my parents.  Maybe sometime I'll get around to it!  I know there have to be some pictures of our tree somewhere, it turned out really pretty this year.  At this point, you'll just have to take my word for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment