Sunday, June 12, 2011

Melinda's Baby Shower

Elizabeth Morrill is due 6/16, which is my birthday and is this coming Thursday!  We can't wait for Clara's newest play mate to arrive!

On April 16 Abby Hammond and I held a baby shower for Melinda.  We decorated onesies:

Abby and I gave Melinda a diaper cake (Abby is to be credited for the great majority of the diaper cake).

 I made strawberry cupcakes with fresh NC strawberries:
 We had strawberry themed food and drinks:
The hostesses:
Melinda and her sister:
 Melinda opening presents:
And then my camera died, so sad.  At 3:30 the weather got pretty eerie and we turned on the news.  By 3:45 we had headed to Abby's mudroom to wait out the storm.  Abby lost power and we had no idea what was going on.  At around 4pm A tornado came through downtown Raleigh, concentrating its destruction 1/2 mile from Abby's house!  Melinda will never be able to forget her baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment