Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December -- Please Go Easy On Me This Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year!  Christmas parties!  Christmas trees!  Decorating!  Presents!  It's such a wonderful time of the year and I love it so much. 

But.

It's also the busiest time of the year at my office.  Tensions are already running high among the partners due to the necessity of year end collections.  Throw in the demands of our clients at the end of the year and it's just a recipe for a whole office full of Scrooges.  It was bad in 2008, terrible in 2009, and I shudder when I think about the next couple of weeks.

Every year I feel like I wake up on Christmas Eve breathless and roll through what is a necessarily demanding Christmas Eve and Christmas Day schedule on fumes.  The work starts back on 12/26 and doesn't end until close of business on New Year's Eve.  I am so excited to share Clara's first Christmas with her, but I feel like this:


And yet, I don't want to wish a single minute of it away.  So while it's a little tacky, I will print out address labels for our Christmas cards rather hand addressing them.  Our tree will be 7 feet tall instead of 9 and may not be as full of ornaments as it could be.  The presents will be purchased online and might not have bows.  I don't think I'll have time to make cookies, and the sweet girls in my supper club may get a store bought dessert.  But we'll make it through and have a little fun in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment