Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sandy Hook Elementary

My heart is absolutely broken over the news of the tragedy.  The worst part to think about is all of the moms who have done Christmas shopping and now their children will not be with them on Christmas.  I wept when I saw a mom interviewed who said that her daughter had asked for cowboy boots, so now she has little cowboy boots and no little feet to fill them.  The last verse of Away in a Manger provides great comfort:


Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray

Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care
And take us to heaven
To live with Thee there


Grief is such a personal, non-linear journey, and I do not pretend to know how difficult it is and is going to be for these families to grieve their children's deaths while the whole world watches.  May God give them peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment