Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trip to the Mountains

I have not gotten to the point where I really feel like blogging about every day life.  Not that every day life is not drama-filled, but I'm just not there yet.  I don't think anyone would care.  And I'm terrible about uploading pictures, even though it's not very hard and doesn't take very long. 

So . . . I'm going to blog about things that happened a long time ago because I have pictures of them.

The last weekend of February we went to the mountains with Quincy's cousin, Adam, his wife, Megan, and their 4 year old daughter, Ciara.  This is the second year we've done it, we stayed in a cabin near Grandfather Mountain both this year and last.


Ciara and Clara playing sweetly.  Ciara is going to be a big sister in July, she had a good time and did a great job practicing her big sister skills with Clara!
We spent most of the time visiting, eating and relaxing, but we did manage to get out to go tubing on Saturday afternoon.

Tubing at Hawk's Nest.
Adam and Ciara went tubing first session and Quincy and I went the second session.  We took Clara up the mountain and took a few pictures, then Megan and Adam were sweet enough to keep her while we played. 

She knows she's cute in her snow outfit.  Check out those baby Uggs!  Thanks Annalise!


Tubing at Hawk's Next brought me back to skiing in college with Jodie, Ashley and Carrie Konczal.  We stayed in Valle Crucis and "skiied" at Hawk's Next.  I was not good at it at all.

Megan and I did some serious shopping at the outlets in Blowing Rock.  I bought most of Clara's spring play clothes at the Gymboree, Gap and Carter's outlets.  Including bathing suits.  And speaking of, while I blog about the snow, it's warm enough to wear a bathing suit outside.  Not that I would want to do that after having a baby just nine short months ago.



Clara took her first bath in the big tub which was "OMG SO FUN!!  MOMMY WHY DIDN'T YOU BRING MORE TOYS?"  Since then we fixed the drain plug on the big tub at home and Clara is taking baths like a big girl.  So much better than her first baths!

We took a family picture before heading out on Sunday.  Next year, a group picture:




No comments:

Post a Comment