Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Clara's Baptism

Clara was baptised on February 13 by Lisa Hebacker, the same minister that married Quincy and me.

Hey y'all!  My grandpa's holding me!  I'm in a funny dress!  Want to see me smile and coo?  HAHA!  I thought so!
Clara did a great job being quiet during the service prior to her baptism and charmed the whole congregation during her baptism.  I'm not quite sure what was going on as the minister walked her up and down the aisle, but I know there was a lot of laughing going on, so Clara must have put on quite a show.  She giggled when she got back up front and saw Quincy and me waiting for her.  We are thankful that she waited until we were back in the robing room to completely melt down. 
We had a brunch after for members of our family and our church family.  The guest of honor slept through the entire thing.  We went with a Valentine's Day theme since she was baptised on 2/13.  Lots of pink and hearts and lots of pink and white tulips (thanks Quincy!).




Abby was sweet enough to take a family picture for us after everyone had left and Clara woke up (naturally):
 It was a fun day, a special thank you to my parents for helping out with everything leading up to and on the day of the brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment